This is a yummy snack/dessert recipe I stumbled upon on Pinterest recently. I will give you a few tips to make the assembly even easier! 🙂
2 (1 lb.) bars of quality chocolate (*I used regular-sized Hershey bars.)
2 cups caramels (soft) (*I used the Lancaster Caramel Soft Cremes)
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Place small piles of the cashews around the tray (in groups of 4-6.)
- Place unwrapped caramels in a microwave safe bowl & put it in the microwave for 1:00- 1:30 & be prepared to pause the microwave to stir the hot caramels together every 30 seconds. Pour a small spoonful of hot caramel over the cashew piles. To give the caramel time to solidify & harden, stick the cookie sheet in the refrigerator.
- Take the Hershey bars or chocolate and break it up into smaller pieces to put in a microwave-safe bowl. Stick it in the microwave for about 1 minute to 1:30 & be sure to stir the chocolate at intervals (i.e. 30 seconds) until it’s melted & liquid.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the refrigerator and dip the caramel cashew cluster in chocolate. *You can also drizzle the chocolate over the top of the mixture with a spoon.
- Put the clusters back in the refrigerator to give the chocolate time to set. Then store those clusters you’re not eating right away in an airtight container.
**Makes about 18 small clusters**